Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crossroads

I'm at a crossroad in life. Things have changed around me drastically. Some I had control over but others I didn't. I woke up one morning in June to have the rug pulled right up from under me. The funny thing is I asked for this change to come but not at the time it did. At first I was in disbelief then I realized that it was for the best. I wanted this change to happen but I wanted to be the one to make it happen.




As I look back I believe that something good has to come from this, but for right now I can't see it. I lost my job, my relationship came to an end and financial matters became worse. So I decided seek spiritual help from God. I gave it all to Him. However I found it too hard to let go and to just see his miracles work in my favor. As the days go by He reveals to me that I can't do this without Him. I'm learning daily that I must trust in Him in order for me to get ahead. I have to listen carefully and obey the lessons that He wants me learn.




I'm looking forward to the change that is coming my way. I know that He'll give me all the desires of my heart even when I don't deserve them. I've chosen to try and move one step closer to God everyday. I'm not perfect but I strive to be more like He wants me to be rather than what I want to be.



This is my first blog so I would love to hear what you think about it.

Have you been at a crossroad in life? How did you decide what road to take?

3 comments:

  1. I found myself in a very similar situation at the beginning of the year.... Everything that I thought to be true was really a lie and what that forced me to do is rely more on myself and my faith rather than another person.... There is nothing that we go through that is not common to the human experience and with everything we go throught God has already put everything in us that we need to make it through and he had already provided us with a way out.... We just have to be patient, which is sometimes the hardest part.... With everything I've been through and experienced I find myself today, happier than I've ever been and more free than I've ever been.... No, everything isn't perfect but I believe one day it will be. I just have to do my part, remain positive, and walk this thing out.... I control my future, not the people or the circumstances around me.....


    Brittney Barnes
    Aka: Choosey

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gonna be just fine sis. That same lesson that I had to learn, we all have to learn. As long as we don't dwell on it. Its fine to learn the lesson, but then move on. Use that lesson as a stepping stone to living out the dynamic future that God has for you. I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave u a book about 5 years ago, the answer is there in your book collection. Lots of times we claim to be...waiting on God, in all of reality God is waiting on us. He's given us great and precious promises. The promises of God are recieved by FAITH. Faith is releasesd by the words of our MOUTH. Faith is recieved @ the point in which you PRAY. Take the time to EXAMINE the scriptures. We must understand the POWER of our words. Look @ Mark 11:20-26, make no mistake about it you already have the change you want, Brittany used the word patient. I LEARNED to like that word...it simply means to work a PROVEN method/process until the DESIRED result shows up. Now ask yourself what processes are you working in all of your endeavors? Is integrity 1st on the list in all of your efforts? look again @ v26, what KNOWN sins/errors (trespasses)are you taking part in? Go to Matt 8:13. I encourage you precious lady to FEED your Faith and STARVE your Doubts. Distractions are designed to do one thing...test you fortitude. Find the book it's real, it's rich and it's radical. Joshua 1:8-9; note, when you study the O.T. always change the name to your name, this allows you to be strenghtened inwardly and ALWAYS pray and read the WORD aloud. This builds up your faith. Lastly look @ Gen. 15:1-6. Enjoy this faith journey God the Father has designed just for you. he'll raise up others to use their power, their ability and their influence to help you prosper live life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete